Some information you’ll need when planning your visit…
Box Office Opening Hours
Mon – Fri | 10am – 6pm, by telephone/e-mail only.
Box-Office telephone number: 01 – 6770014 | Email : [email protected]
Online bookings incur a €1 per ticket charge.
Our ticket provider is Ticketsolve
Smock Alley is abiding by all government protocols in regards to the safe assembly of groups of people.
In line with the government’s guidelines we request that you wear a face covering for the duration of your visit.
Smock Alley has introduced seat numbering and you will be issued a ticket with an allocated seat. Your seats will be issued to you after you book.
Smock Alley will collect your details for the purpose of contact tracing at the time when you purchase your tickets.
Smock Alley has introduced an entrance and exit process and you may be asked to leave the auditorium by a different exit to the one you came in. Please follow all instructions from the Front of House staff in this regard.
Smock Alley has introduced a rigorous cleaning protocol. Please be assured that the building, auditorium and the seats are thoroughly cleaned before and after every performance. Hand sanitisation points are available throughout the building. Please use them as often as you need to.
Please continue to observe social distancing when waiting for the bathroom facilities.
Please continue to observe good cough/sneezing etiquette.
Your visit to Smock Alley will be based on the assumption that you are well enough to gather in a group. If you display any of the following symptoms, please do not visit the theatre.
– Sore Throat
Similarly if you answer ‘yes’ to any of the following questions, please do not visit the theatre.
Have you been outside the country in the last 14 days?
Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of Coronavirus in the past 14 days?
Conditions of sale
• Given current circumstances, all tickets must now be presented by the patron by means of an e-ticket on your chosen electronic device or a printed-at-home version of the same. If you have any trouble or issues with this, simply let us know.
• Management reserve the right to refuse admission and to cancel or make any essential changes to performances.
• Prices are subject to change.
• Smoking, photography and audio or visual recordings are strictly forbidden in the auditorium.
Concessions & Discounts
• Concessions are often available for students, senior citizens (65+), equity card holders, long-term unemployed and the disabled. Subject to availability.
• A group discount is available for groups of 8 or more. Please contact the box office for details.
Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded unless an event is cancelled by the venue.
• Latecomer admission is not guaranteed.
• Latecomers are only admitted at the discretion of the venue and the theatre company.
Should an event be cancelled you will be offered a full refund.
Babe in Arms/Children
• Due to fire regulations all children attending a ticketed event must be in possession of a ticket, even if they do not occupy a seat.
• Children of two years or under will be issued with a complimentary ticket although we strongly advise that children under the age of two should not be in attendance, except for children’s shows as advised by our Box Office staff.
• Children over the age of two must have a ticket purchased.
• Regarding events at the theatre, children (anyone under the age of 18) are only allowed in licensed premises if they are with a parent or guardian, but this provision carries certain restrictions. For example if accompanied by a parent/guardian, the child may remain on the premises between the hours of 10:30am – 9pm (10pm May to September). Children aged between 15-17 years may remain on the premises after 9pm where they are attending a private function at which a substantial meal is served.
Child Protection Policy
Here at Smock Alley Theatre we respect your right to privacy and comply with our obligations under the EU General Data Protection Regulations, as enacted in the Data Protection Bill 2018.
Both our Main Space and Boys’ School auditoria have wheelchair access for patrons – please advise the Box Office staff when booking your tickets. For further information check out our accessibility page.
Please ask staff for password/network info.
The theatre prides itself on its selection of craft beers and spirits, organic teas and coffee and an excellent selection of wines- all hand sourced from vineyards. The Bar opens one hour before the performance, and includes an interval order facility. Cones of confectionery are also available.
Drinks are permitted in the auditoria provided they are in plastic containers.
The nearest car park is the newly refurbished Q-Park Christchurch (Behind Jury’s Hotel)
Parking discounts are available here: €2.50 per hour, up to a maximum of €12.50 per day.
To avail of this discount take a ticket as normal when you park and then request a discount ticket from us at the theatre. On your return, you insert your original ticket followed by the discount ticket and the validation is supplied.
There is also an evening pay-on-arrival rate of €7 which runs from 5pm until 10am (next day) when the car park closes. This rate is available at any paystation in the car park within 15 minutes of arrival.