Some information you’ll need when planning your visit…
Box Office Opening Hours
Mon-Sat 10am-6pm ( + one hour prior to performance time)
Sun 12pm-8pm (on performance days only)
Box-Office telephone number: 01 – 6770014
Online bookings incur a €1 per ticket charge.
Our ticket provider is Ticketsolve
Conditions of sale
• Purchased tickets can be collected from the box-office when you arrive at the theatre, under the name given for the booking. You can also select print-at-home tickets if you prefer.
• Management reserve the right to refuse admission and to cancel or make any essential changes to performances.
• Prices are subject to change.
• Smoking, photography and audio or visual recordings are strictly forbidden in the auditorium.
Concessions & Discounts
• Concessions are available for students, senior citizens (65+), equity card holders, long-term unemployed and the disabled. Subject to availability.
• A group discount is available for groups of 8 or more. Please contact the box office for details.
Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded unless an event is cancelled by the venue.
• Latecomer admission is not guaranteed.
• Latecomers are only admitted at the discretion of the venue and the theatre company.
Should an event be cancelled you will be offered a full refund.
Babe in Arms/Children
• Due to fire regulations all children attending a ticketed event must be in possession of a ticket, even if they do not occupy a seat.
• Children of two years or under will be issued with a complimentary ticket although we strongly advise that children under the age of two should not be in attendance, except for children’s shows as advised by our Box Office staff.
• Children over the age of two must have a ticket purchased.
• Regarding events at the theatre, children (anyone under the age of 18) are only allowed in licensed premises if they are with a parent or guardian, but this provision carries certain restrictions. For example if accompanied by a parent/guardian, the child may remain on the premises between the hours of 10:30am – 9pm (10pm May to September). Children aged between 15-17 years may remain on the premises after 9pm where they are attending a private function at which a substantial meal is served.
Here at Smock Alley Theatre we respect your right to privacy and comply with our obligations under the EU General Data Protection Regulations, as enacted in the Data Protection Bill 2018.
Both our Main Space and Boys’ School auditoria have wheelchair access for patrons – please advise the Box Office staff when booking your tickets. For further information check out our accessibility page.
Please ask staff for password/network info.
The theatre prides itself on its selection of craft beers and spirits, organic teas and coffee and an excellent selection of wines- all hand sourced from vineyards. The Bar opens one hour before the performance, and includes an interval order facility. Cones of confectionery are also available.
Drinks are permitted in the auditoria provided they are in plastic containers.
The nearest car park is the newly refurbished Q-Park Christchurch (Behind Jury’s Hotel)
Parking discounts are available here: €2.50 per hour, up to a maximum of €12.50 per day.
To avail of this discount take a ticket as normal when you park and then request a discount ticket from us at the theatre. On your return, you insert your original ticket followed by the discount ticket and the validation is supplied.
There is also an evening pay-on-arrival rate of €7 which runs from 5pm until 10am (next day) when the car park closes. This rate is available at any paystation in the car park within 15 minutes of arrival.
There are many options for accommodation near the theatre to suit your budget and taste. Start your search with HotelsCombined or Hotel Direct.
Some nearby nice hotels : Clayton Cardiff Lane, The Gibson
If you’re looking for a hostel, we like the friendly folk over at Barnacles.
Also, if you’re visiting Dublin and are looking for a fun way to see our old city, check out our friends at Lazy Bike Tours.