Some information you’ll need when planning your visit…
Box Office Opening Hours
Mon – Sat : 10am – 6pm
Box-Office telephone number: 01 – 6770014 | Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Our ticket provider is Ticketsolve
Tickets are non-exchangeable and non-refundable, unless an event is cancelled by the venue.
Seats are unallocated in the theatre, unless otherwise stated. Doors open 15 minutes before show start time.
We’ve gone paperless! We’re not issuing physical tickets at the moment and you don’t need to print anything. All you need to do is give the name on the booking at the door as you’re entering the theatre space and we check you in, there and then. If people in the booking are arriving separately, that’s no problem, we can check-in the individual people, not the total booking. If you have any issues or questions we’re here to help!
Conditions of sale
• Management reserve the right to refuse admission and to cancel or make any essential changes to performances.
• Prices are subject to change.
• Smoking, photography and audio or visual recordings are strictly forbidden in the auditorium.
Concessions & Discounts
• Concessions are often available for students, senior citizens (65+), equity card holders, long-term unemployed and people with access needs. Subject to availability.
• Group discounts are sometimes available for groups of 8 or more. Please contact the box office for details.
• Carers go free
Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded unless an event is cancelled by the venue.
• Latecomer admission is not guaranteed.
• Latecomers are only admitted at the discretion of the venue and the theatre company.
Should an event be cancelled you will be offered a full refund.
The nearest car parks are Fleet Street Car Park, Christchurch Car Park and Four Courts Car Park. There are 5 disabled parking bays on Fishamble Street, right around the corner from the theatre. Please note that Fishamble St is now one-way only, heading south.
Patrons of Smock Alley Theatre can avail of discounted parking in Q-Park Christchurch (Entrance off Werburgh St). Open 24 hours and located a 5 minute walk from the theatre.
The cheapest rate is €12.50 which is available if you 1) book in advance online and 2) are parking after 6pm.
If you are parking before 6pm, you can avail of a 25% discount on your parking. Book in advance by going to the Q-Park Christchurch website and use promo code SMOCK25 for 25% off your parking. Please note, discounts can’t be applied to parking tickets purchased on site in Q-Park.
Babe in Arms/Children
• Due to fire regulations all children attending a ticketed event must be in possession of a ticket, even if they do not occupy a seat.
• Children of two years or under will be issued with a complimentary ticket although we strongly advise that children under the age of two should not be in attendance, except for children’s shows as advised by our Box Office staff.
• Children over the age of two must have a ticket purchased.
• Regarding events at the theatre, children (anyone under the age of 18) are only allowed in licensed premises if they are with a parent or guardian, but this provision carries certain restrictions. For example if accompanied by a parent/guardian, the child may remain on the premises between the hours of 10:30am – 9pm (10pm May to September). Children aged between 15-17 years may remain on the premises after 9pm where they are attending a private function at which a substantial meal is served.
Child Protection Policy
Here at Smock Alley Theatre we respect your right to privacy and comply with our obligations under the EU General Data Protection Regulations, as enacted in the Data Protection Bill 2018.
Both our Main Space and Boys’ School auditoria have wheelchair access for patrons – please advise the Box Office staff when booking your tickets. For further information check out our accessibility page.
Please ask staff for password/network info.
The theatre prides itself on its selection of craft beers and spirits, organic teas and coffee and an excellent selection of wines, all hand sourced from vineyards. The Bar opens one hour before the performance, and includes an interval order facility.
Drinks are permitted in the auditoria provided they are in plastic containers.
Complaints, feedback and comments should be addressed to:
Smock Alley Theatre
Exchange Street Lower
or by e-mail to : paul(at)smockalley.com